: 18 August 2023
pages as well
TeacherMade.com is owned by Work On Learning, Inc. (“TeacherMade
” or “We
, and our Website Terms of Us
e. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website teachermade.com (our “Website
” or “Service
”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age and TeacherMade does not knowingly permit children to use our Website without prior, express consent from a parent or legal guardian, except through agreements with schools or districts or as otherwise permitted under applicable law. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without verification of parental consent. If we learn that personal information of a child user has been collected on our Website without prior parental consent, then we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact your child’s school and contact us at email@example.com
and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
Children cannot obtain a user account without first receiving a prompt from their school. TeacherMade obligates schools and teachers (or other authorized individuals) to first obtain any necessary parental consents before permitting children to register for a user account or use the Website. If you are a Teacher or Administrator, you must obtain all necessary parental consent before allowing a student to create an account or use the Website.
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our Website. Some of the features on our Website are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
- In accordance with applicable law, and our practices, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children;
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity; and
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
, available at https://teachermade.com/legal/childrens-website-privacy-policy
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, username, password, postal address, email address, telephone number, assessment results, student data, metadata, user content, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as student data, meta data, user content; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Your communications with other teachers through interactive features and other communication functionality (“community communications”).
- Your account page, including your name, password, email, role, and school.
- Students or teachers may create student accounts which contain their names, passwords, grade level, and may contain emails. Teachers cannot view students’ account pages; however, teachers are able to view the name, email, and grade level of each of their students. Teachers may be able to view the name and email address of other teachers at their same school, but cannot view another teacher’s account page.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted
“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions
“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Note that anything you post to a Community Communication may be visible to others.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here
or see Your Privacy Options
for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Embedded Scripts. An Embedded Script is computer code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device from our server or a third party service provider and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Website.
- In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes.
- HTML5. We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content, information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site use LSOs such as HTML 5 & Flash to collect and store information.
- Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. Please also note that TeacherMade content may be included on web pages and web sites that are not associated with us and over which we have no control. These third parties may independently collect data. TeacherMade is not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or business practices of any third party. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
No Third Party Advertising with Student Data
TeacherMade will never knowingly use any Student Data to advertise or market to students. We will not mine Student Data for any purposes other than those agreed to by the parties. Data mining or scanning of user content for the purpose of advertising or marketing to students or their parents is prohibited.
How We Use Your Information
You understand and agree that, because communicating with you through email is essential to You accessing and maintaining your account, when you provide your email to TeacherMade, you automatically opt-in to receiving emails and information from TeacherMade, including, without limitation, information concerning your account, the TeacherMade Website, or products or services offered by TeacherMade. You further acknowledge and understand that you may opt-out of receiving emails from TeacherMade visiting Your Privacy Options, available at https://teachermade.com/your-privacy-options-imported. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To allow you to view and interact with other users on our Website, including to allow other TeacherMade users to communicate with you and vice versa.
- To process your registration with our Website, including verifying your email address is active and valid.
- To tailor content, recommendations, and offers we display to you, both on the Website and elsewhere online.
- To improve our Website, products, and services and for internal business purposes, including the measurement of ad effectiveness.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Note, student data will only be visible to their teachers; students cannot share data with other students.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile or your privacy options at https://teachermade.com/your-privacy-options-imported. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- For example, we may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, sending our emails or social media communications and promotions, or offering customer service. If you purchase subscriptions, our billing partner will receive billing, shipping and financial information (e.g., credit card numbers) necessary to process your charges, including your postal and email addresses, depending on your payment method.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TeacherMade’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TeacherMade about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For testimonials. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us via email at email@example.com.
- For ratings and reviews. At our discretion, we may display information provided by adult users related to ratings and reviews of supplemental learning materials and services. Publication of this information does not imply an endorsement of, or opinion by, TeacherMade. TeacherMade may at its own discretion, and without notice, modify or delete all ratings and reviews or individual ratings or reviews that it finds libelous, slanderous, offensive, irrelevant or inappropriate.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TeacherMade, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You can always decline to share personal information with us, or even block all cookies. Please note, however, many of TeacherMade’s features may not be accessible, or may not function properly—for example, we may not be able to remember your language preferences for you.
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information: Tracking Technologies and Advertising
. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by visiting Your Privacy Options
, available at https://teachermade.com/your-privacy-options-imported. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org Promotional Offers from the Company
. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by visiting Your Privacy Options
, available at https://teachermade.com/your-privacy-options-imported
. or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions. Targeted Advertising
. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by visiting Your Privacy Options
, available at https://teachermade.com/your-privacy-options-imported. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI
“) on the NAI’s website.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information. Email and Communication and Other Notifications.
TeacherMade may send you information by email or may post notices on the TeacherMade homepage (www.TeacherMade.com) or via in-app notifications. You can opt-out of receiving further communications by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of an email. You may not opt-out of in-app notifications under any circumstances.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
, available at https://teachermade.com/legal/website-terms-of-use.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Your State Privacy Rights
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please send an email to email@example.com. To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TeacherMade takes data security very seriously. TeacherMade takes commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Such measures vary depending on the sensitivity of the information at issue. We have implemented the following measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure:
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
- We periodically test TeacherMade’s security practices for vulnerabilities
- We periodically review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems
- We continually develop and implement features to keep your personal information safe – for example, all traffic to and from our application is over secure, encrypted protocols (SSL/TLS).
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- We ensure passwords are stored securely using encryption and salted one-way hashing
- Developers peer-review code to make sure changes adhere to best practices for security.
- Administrators are knowledgeable of security practices and harden the infrastructure with necessary patches, monitor security resources for advisories and vulnerabilities, and scan the environment and application to ensure that student information remains secure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. How will TeacherMade handle a data breach or security incident?
In the event that TeacherMade becomes aware of a data breach impacting your Personal Information, we will provide notification in compliance with all applicable laws. For example, we may post a notice on our homepage (www.TeacherMade.com) or elsewhere on the Service, and may send email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
TeacherMade has procedures in place that are designed to stop threats that may expose personally identifiable information, restore Services to full functionality, and document and take proactive steps to ensure the incident cannot be repeated. TeacherMade will also preserve necessary evidence for investigation by security professionals and law enforcement as appropriate. In the unlikely event of an unauthorized disclosure of records, TeacherMade will follow a notification process. The notification process includes any information that can identify which customers and students may have been impacted, the data that may have been accessed, TeacherMade’s process to inform affected customers, and steps to prevent the incident from happening again as appropriate.
In the unlikely event of an unauthorized disclosure of data, TeacherMade will implement a process for responding to incidents and notifying affected individuals via email or in-app notification and, if applicable, law enforcement personnel.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, you can email us by clicking here.
How Do I Close My Account?
If you wish to close your account with one of our Services, please send your request via email at email@example.com and we will remove your Personal Information and Profile, if applicable, from the active databases for the Service(s) you request. Please let us know which Service(s) you wish to close and, if applicable, send your request using an email account that you have registered with TeacherMade under your name. You typically will receive a response to a request sent to this account within ten business days of our receiving it. Requests to change your email preferences or unsubscribe from all emails cannot be made through this email address, but rather must be submitted through one of the channels set out in the previous section.
How Long Does TeacherMade Keep My Information?
Upon termination of your Account, TeacherMade will take commercially reasonable steps to delete any Sensitive Information from its live databases in a reasonable amount of time not to exceed ninety (90) days. You understand and agree that TeacherMade may continue to have Sensitive Information in archive files or similar databases. You further agree that TeacherMade has no obligation to delete aggregated or de-identified information. TeacherMade may retain and use aggregated and de-identified information for any purpose that is consistent with laws and regulations.
User’s Outside The United States
Our Website is operated in the United States and designed exclusively for use in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States.
Consent To Transfer
By using the Services, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
Important Information For Users In The European Economic Area
The following information only applies to users in the European Economic Area (EEA), provided that we are the controller of their personal information as described below.
If you use our Website through your employer, school or another organization, that organization is the controller of your personal information and all questions or requests regarding your rights under European data protection legislation (including the rights described under Your rights below) or the processing of your personal information, should be directed to the organization. TeacherMade is the organization’s processor and uses your personal information only as instructed by the organization.
If you do not use our Website through an organization, TeacherMade is the controller of your personal information and can be reached using the contact details in the Contact Information section below. References to “personal information” in this policy are equivalent to “personal data” governed by European data protection legislation.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process your personal information on the following legal basis:
|Processing purpose (including sharing for such purposes as described above)||Legal Basis|
|To provide the Website||Processing is necessary to provide the Website or to take steps that you request prior to requesting the Website.|
|To communicate with you about the Website
To send you marketing communications
For research and development
To create aggregated or anonymous data for analytics For security, compliance, fraud prevention and safety
business transfers||These processing activities constitute our legitimate interests.|
|To comply with law||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|With your consent||Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated at the time consent is requested.|
Please note that we rely on legitimate interests as the basis for processing your data in the limited circumstances set out below:
- In situations where we obtain your personal data from a source other than you, we process your data on the basis of legitimate interests, until the earlier of either (a) the point at which you provide your consent; or (b) the point at which you ask us to stop processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interests;
- We will archive information about your use of our services, even after you withdraw your consent to our processing of your data. This information will only be used in very limited circumstances, such as for defending legal claims relating to contracts we have with you or a third party and retention for audit purposes relating to commercial contracts; and
- We will use information relating to your use of our services for statistical analysis and research purposes; however, we remove personally-identifying information such as name and email address before we do so.
You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the legal basis of our processing your personal information, where that processing adversely impacts your legal rights.
You may send us these requests by emailing us at support@TeacherMade.com
. We may request information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to reject part or all of your request. If we reject your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us at support@TeacherMade.com
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
: 21 August 2023 Last Updated
I. Information We Collect
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information
“). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, our Website has collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||NO|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||YES|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
Our Website obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
- From Teachers and Schools that use our Website.
II. Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
You understand and agree that, because communicating with you through email is essential to You accessing and maintaining your account, when You provide your email to TeacherMade, you automatically opt-in to receiving emails and information from TeacherMade, including, without limitation, information concerning your account, the TeacherMade Website, or products or services offered by TeacherMade. You further acknowledge and understand that you may opt-out of receiving emails from TeacherMade visiting Your Privacy Options, available at https://teachermade.com/your-privacy-options-imported. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
III. Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not disclosed personal information for a business purpose. We do not sell personal information. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not sold personal information. For more on your personal information sale rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
|Personal Information Category||Category of Third-Party Recipients|
|Business Purpose Disclosures||Sales|
|B: California Customer Records personal information categories.||None||None|
|C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||None||None|
|D: Commercial information.||None||None|
|E: Biometric information.||None||None|
|F: Internet or other similar network activity.||None||None|
|G: Geolocation data.||None||None|
|H: Sensory data.||None||None|
|I: Professional or employment-related information.||None||None|
|J: Non-public education information.||None||None|
|K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.||None||None|
IV. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
A. Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the “right to know”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will disclose to you the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
B. Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the “right to delete”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. Seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
C. Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information. You may also make a request to know or delete on behalf of your child by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- Verifying your identity by submitting a photograph of a government issued id.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete. We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it. For instructions on exercising your sale opt-out or opt-in rights, see
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
D. Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day time-frame, please contact us at email@example.com. We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
E. Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are age 16 or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years old, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 15 years old, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years old. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by visiting Your Privacy Options on the following Internet Web page link: https://teachermade.com/your-privacy-options-imported/ Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
or by visiting the following URL to opt-in: https://teachermade.com/your-privacy-options-imported/ You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result
in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
VI. Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
VIII. Contact Information
: https://teachermade.com Email
: email@example.com If you need to access this Policy in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.